Monday, October 10, 2011

Daily Afternoon Randomness (33 Photos)

Daily Afternoon Randomness (33 Photos)

Link to theBRIGADE

Daily Afternoon Randomness (33 Photos)

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 11:29 AM PDT

Random-B-10_10_11-500-29

Best links on the internet

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 11:00 AM PDT

Photo of the Day (Click here for High-Res Photo)

Posted: 09 Oct 2011 08:15 PM PDT

photo-day-10_10_11-0

These humans are better than me (28 HQ Photos)

Posted: 09 Oct 2011 08:10 PM PDT

lead2-920-0

For a little mix, here’s a bunch of old school Pin-up girls (28 Photos)

Posted: 09 Oct 2011 08:05 PM PDT

pin-up-500-1Source of Gil Elvgren art

Austrian MP entry team in high-res (9 HQ Photos)

Posted: 09 Oct 2011 08:04 PM PDT

Austrian-mp-920-7

Veteran Marine stops a rapist (Story)

Posted: 09 Oct 2011 08:00 PM PDT

marine-r-500-0A Marine veteran who served five years in Iraq and Afghanistan stopped a would-be rapist in New York City Wednesday. Brian Teichman, 31, was dropping off his two-year-old daughter at a babysitter's house in the Queens neighborhood of Whitestone when he spotted a man forcing a woman over a guard rail, across the street and into a deserted, wooded area. "It didn't seem right. Once I saw him launch her over the guard rail, I knew something was wrong," Teichman said of the incident, which took place at 9 a.m. local time. "I am an ex-Marine, so I'm not scared of conflict. I looked down and I saw him straddling her and he had his hand over her mouth and he was trying to rip her shirt off," he recalled. "My thought was, 'Scream first, if he runs you don't need to worry if he has a gun or a knife.'" "In the deepest scream I could, I said, 'Hey get the [expletive] off of her!' He looked up at me and then ran down the hill, toward the west-bound shoulder of the [Cross Island] Parkway," Teichman said. Teichman said he ran over to the hysterical woman and picked her up. "She was in tears. She was a small, frail Korean woman. She was crying and distraught, she couldn't walk and I had to pick her up and get her back over the guardrail," Teichman said. He and babysitter Dawn Ottaviano, 45, then called the police. The suspect -- who appeared to be in his 50s, clean cut, 5'11" and 200 pounds and was wearing a tan baseball cap -- was being sought by police. "In hindsight, I feel like I didn't do my job until they catch him," said Teichman, who is now a student at Nassau Community College and was supposed to take a physics test Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment